Problem with shown channels

For talk and Help about everything concerning TV-Browser.
TWillms

Problem with shown channels

Beitrag von TWillms »

Hello,

I have a big problem with the channels and the program information given. Although all channels that I am interested in are present in the channel list and I selected them and put them in my list of channels that I want to downnload, the corresponding program infomation is not downloaded. More than 50% are blanc. What is the problem ? It changes from time to time but it is a long time ago that really all channels are represented with their program information and all movies.

Can you help me ?

Thomas Willms
Jo
Site Admin

Re: Problem with shown channels

Beitrag von Jo »

I guess you are from Australia? Then the data comes from http://www.oztivo.net/twiki/bin/view and it depends on their users if and how many data is shown. If this is not what you meant you have to specify the affected channels.
jamiemanman

Beitrag von jamiemanman »

so whats the solution? ive had a very hard time trying xmltv and such,,,,, and is there a plugin that grabs data from my dvb stick? (pinnacle2001e)
bodo
Site Admin

Beitrag von bodo »

Could you say what channels you tried ? Then we can try to find out what the problem is.
Ins0mniacs

Beitrag von Ins0mniacs »

Hello, I'm new to this forum and i could use some help. I have the same problem as above I quote:"with the channels and the program information given. Although all channels that I am interested in are present in the channel list and I selected them and put them in my list of channels that I want to downnload, the corresponding program infomation is not downloaded. More than 50% are blanc. What is the problem ?"

Side note:Now I'm german how ever on my PC skills it is best to try this in english.

with that being said i'm on windows 7 32 bit, TV browser 2.7.1 , and the german channels that give me problems are :

ARD only half the data seams to show from 0:00 to 5 am shows are missing
Bayerisches FS is empty
KiKa is empty
Nick is empty

these are all downloaded from tv-Browser

I also tried to get the free channels from cleverEPG and they dont work at all.

Now i reinstalled numerus times can someone help me out please?

thank you
bodo
Site Admin

Beitrag von bodo »

1. If you are german, why don't we talk in german? Most of the content in this forum is in german?

2. Do you have a firewall installed? G-Data perhaps?
Ins0mniacs

Beitrag von Ins0mniacs »

bodo hat geschrieben:1. If you are german, why don't we talk in german? Most of the content in this forum is in german?

2. Do you have a firewall installed? G-Data perhaps?

I been 20 years in the states and my skills on the pc were learned in english meaning if you tell me some setting i might not find it. thus it will complicate issues .
only win7 firewall and what is G-data?

wow you fast in answering :) thanks
Ins0mniacs

Beitrag von Ins0mniacs »

plus I'm not sure why the firewall would only interfere with those channels when all others do work .

Und wieso gehen nur diese kanaele nicht wenn alle andere sender doch noch gehen? verstehe nicht ganz wie die firewall nur die sender blockieren würde.
Ins0mniacs

Beitrag von Ins0mniacs »

hallo , i just disabled the firewall did a download on the channels and rebooted tv browser . looks like that was the problem. how ever i don't want to disable the firewall every time any clue how to tell windows to let tv-browser have free range?

this find this odd as heck though.

thanks bodo;)
Bananeweizen
Site Admin

Beitrag von Bananeweizen »

Independent of your firewall issues you should update to 2.7.5 as some major problems have been fixed since 2.7.1.
oddarildholden

Beitrag von oddarildholden »

Hello
First: My compliments for a great site -TV-Browser is really excellent ! I have one problem though: I cannot find the Swedish channels at all. The DataHydra plugin should give me the Swedish channels, but something is wrong there (I can see when I check the DataHydra plugin that the swedb webadress is wrong - it should be www.swedb.se and not www.swedb.sw as you have in your plugin info - could this be of importance. I have registered and found all the Swedish TV channels from Sweden on the site www.swedb.se. I am a Norwegian and would vwery much like to have the TV-guide from Sweden since we can watch most of their programmes on Norwegian cable TV.
I would be very grateful for any suggestions/assistance. Thanks in advance.
Jo
Site Admin

Beitrag von Jo »

In general the swedish channels are available (e.g, SVT1, 2, TV4) and I can't find an url swedb.sw. So you can't find swedish channels at Settings - Channels (Einstellungen_-_Sender)? Do you see "Sweden" in the country list above the channel list? Did you try to press the button "update channellist" (or something like that)?
oddarildholden

Thanks for a very quick answer -I appreciate that. I have tried all the things you mentioned: No Swedish channels in my "Settings - Channels", "Sweden" is not shown in the list of availabole countries, I have updated both channels and plugins several times.
With regards to the wrong site address I told you about: See "Settings" , then the folder "TV-Data Plugins", then "DataHydra", and on this page: "The plugin loads data from different sources" ,then press the underlined bullet point "SweDB", then the wrong address www.swedb.sw pops up and you can't find the proper site (which is www.swedb.se ).Does this mean that the plugin with the Swedish channels doesn't work or what ?

So still I don't know what to do to get the Swedish channels. Would a reinstallation of the TVBrowser help (also some difficulties with other plugins when I installed the browser, so I would not be happy about reinstalling the whole thing) ??
Jo
Site Admin

Beitrag von Jo »

Which version of TV-Browser and of the DataHydra-Plugin do you have? Do you have a firewall installed? When I try the link on the settings page I get http://tv.swedb.se/. DataHydra works for me. So there must be something wrong with your installation or your firewall.
oddarildholden

I have version 2.7.5 of the TV Browser and a windows xp home edition version 5.1 firewall - I will try to remove the firewall temporarily and then ,perhaps , reinstall the Browser later, and give you a report on that. Thanks a lot for your patient assistance so far.PS: I removed the firewall: no effects/changes.
Antworten