Problem with shown channels

For talk and Help about everything concerning TV-Browser.
Jo
Site Admin

Re: Problem with shown channels

Beitrag von Jo »

Do you have Australian channels displayed in the list? You could activate the logging ( http://enwiki.tvbrowser.org/index.php/Activate_Logging ) and then try to reload the channellist in the settings and look if something is logged.

(P.S. It has nothing to do with the wrong link swdb.sw
oddarildholden

Beitrag von oddarildholden »

I have reinstalled the TVBrowser . No Australian channels in the list. Had the Swedish channels from mspn.no for some minutes but they suddenly disappeared again(they didn't contain any information at all about TV programmes) -still nothing from swebd.se.Also some problems with some German channels (e.g. Das Erste and ZDF) but found them after having downloaded a German plugin. I tried your website address , but simply don't understand what to do about the "directory" things.Simply still at a loss what to do.Impressed with your will to help though.
Jo
Site Admin

Beitrag von Jo »

Are there any channels displayed correctly? You likely have a program installed that prevents Java (and thus TV-Browser) from accessing the internet (maybe antivirus software).
oddarildholden

Most channels are shown in a fine way except SAt1,RTL,DSF (for some licence reasons ?)and the Swedish ones -no problems with the Norwegians and British and most German ones.I use Norton Antivirus ,perhaps this might be part of the problem ?
Jo
Site Admin

Beitrag von Jo »

RTL, Sat1 and other privates have no descriptions for licence reasons. I don't know if Norton controls internet traffic. If you find any such programs, you have to give java.exe free access.

To activate logging: Edit the file "windows.properties" in your TVB install directory: remove the "#"' from the entry "logdirectory" and add the directory where you want the log to be stored.
oddarildholden

Where / how do I find my "TVBrowser install directory" ?
I have tried a lot: I have removed Java from my computer and reinstalled it. Besides I have deactivated my Norton Antivirus and my Windows firewall , but still : No Swedish channels nor Sweden to be found among the available countries. I see that you are responsible for providing Norwegian channels -I plead you to add the Canal Plus Sport and Canal Plus Film channels that are to be found in Norwegian programme guides, also it would be nice to have SVt1 and SVT2 and TV4 Sweden and Viasat Fotball and Viasat Sport from the same sources. Even if I haven't found what I was looking for (www.swedb.se ) I am very grateful for your willingness to help -really admirable !!!
I can ,of course , use Norwegian or Swedish TV guides, but the TVBrowser surpasses all I have seen so far, so keep up the good work !
Jo
Site Admin

Beitrag von Jo »

oddarildholden hat geschrieben:Where / how do I find my "TVBrowser install directory" ?
This is where you installed TVB. It should be "C:\programs\TV-Browser" or something like that.
oddarildholden hat geschrieben:I plead you to add the Canal Plus Sport and Canal Plus Film channels that are to be found in Norwegian programme guides, also it would be nice to have SVt1 and SVT2 and TV4 Sweden and Viasat Fotball and Viasat Sport from the same sources.
It's not so simple to provide TV data, and the channels are already available via Swedb. The problems you have are not common. Maybe you have an old firewall software that you thought to have uninstalled but that is still active.
oddarildholden

After lots of (rather desperate and quite random) attempts at reinstalling TVBrowser,Java and deactivating and reactivating Norton Antivirus and my Windows firewall and also removing one version of the TVBrowser and rearranging it into another folder ,two days ago the Swedish channels from both mspn.no and swebd.se appeared, yesterday without TV guide contents, but today also with the programmes in the guide. Everything ok now -a wonder has happened (??!!). Thanks for all good suggestions in the forum from a very satisfied user !!
Antworten