[TVB-649] South Australian times are out

For talk and Help about everything concerning TV-Browser.
Antworten
Gast

[TVB-649] South Australian times are out

Beitrag von Gast »

I'm running 2.7.4 on Ubuntu Linux (jaunty) in the South Australian timezone, which is GMT+9.5. The SA channels like ABC SA show the time correctly. But the national channels like ABC2 and GO are 30 minutes out.

My timezone in tv-browser is set to Australia/Adelaide. I've tried Australia/South as well, but it made no difference. There's no etc/GMT+9.5, otherwise I would have tried that.

Any ideas?
Thanks.
Bananeweizen
Site Admin

Re: South Australian times are out

Beitrag von Bananeweizen »

Could you please check, whether the package "tzdata-java" is installed? If not, please install it.
pbartel

Beitrag von pbartel »

Bananeweizen hat geschrieben:Could you please check, whether the package "tzdata-java" is installed? If not, please install it.
It wasn't installed, but is now. Unfortunately, it hasn't solved the problem. ABC2 and Go! are still shown in Eastern time. I deleted all my data and added my channels back, but to no effect.

Any other ideas?
Thanks.

(I didn't realise I wasn't logged in for the original post, hence I showed up as "Guest")
Bananeweizen
Site Admin

I already had little hope that this would fix it. I currently see no way to change this on your side. It is possible to have a time offset defined for each channel, but only with full hours (mainly used to fix wrong summer time settings). I will add half hour offsets there as well, but the next major version will still take much time...
Jo
Site Admin

Beitrag von Jo »

Bananeweizen hat geschrieben:I will add half hour offsets there as well
Maybe you should also add quarter hour offsets if you are changing it anyway. Then all existing offsets would be possible.
v6ph1
Site Admin

Beitrag von v6ph1 »

Bananeweizen hat geschrieben:I already had little hope that this would fix it. I currently see no way to change this on your side. It is possible to have a time offset defined for each channel, but only with full hours (mainly used to fix wrong summer time settings). I will add half hour offsets there as well, but the next major version will still take much time...
Then you should add this with quater hour steps.
because there exist many countries with 15minutes difference.

best regards
v6ph1

PS: Jo was faster
pbartel

Beitrag von pbartel »

Bananeweizen hat geschrieben:I will add half hour offsets there as well, but the next major version will still take much time...
Much appreciated. I'll look forward to the next release, whenever that may be.
Bananeweizen
Site Admin

Re: [TVB-649] South Australian times are out

It's now included in the 3.0 stream, so you can test with tomorrows Nightly build if you want.
pbartel

Beitrag von pbartel »

Thanks for that. However, I got the nightly build and seem to have another problem. I realize you're under no obligation to provide support for this, so I just mention it in case you're looking for something to do :)

The first time I run the 3.0 version it starts up ok and I can configure my stations. However, from then on I get the following exception and the program hangs at the splash screen:

Code: Alles auswählen

2:52:45 PM SEVERE: index.txt not found in: ./settings/tvdata/swedbtvdataservice.SweDBTvDataService/icons_oztivo/index.txt
2:52:46 PM SEVERE: index.txt not found in: ./settings/tvdata/swedbtvdataservice.SweDBTvDataService/icons_MSPC/index.txt
2:52:46 PM INFO: Finished loading settings for DataHydraTvDataService
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
	at tvbrowser.core.tvdataservice.ChannelGroupManager.getUsedGroups(ChannelGroupManager.java:218)
	at tvbrowser.core.tvdataservice.AbstractTvDataServiceProxy.getChannelsForTvBrowserStart(AbstractTvDataServiceProxy.java:76)
	at tvbrowser.core.ChannelList.addDataServiceChannelsForTvBrowserStart(ChannelList.java:192)
	at tvbrowser.core.ChannelList.createForTvBrowserStart(ChannelList.java:258)
	at tvbrowser.TVBrowser.main(TVBrowser.java:328)
... and no, the file index.txt does not exist in the specified location. Any thoughts on how to fix this?
Bananeweizen
Site Admin

The files and the exception are unrelated. I must admit, I have no clue what's going on there. But I've added some code to prevent that exception. I'm not sure if that will get you much further, but you can try with the next nightly build.
pbartel

Beitrag von pbartel »

Bananeweizen hat geschrieben:I'm not sure if that will get you much further, but you can try with the next nightly build.
That did the trick, thank you. And now that I can get into the program, I can configure the national stations to add 30 minutes, and all is working. Now I can really start using the program. Thanks Bananeweizen for all your help :D
Antworten