[TVB-719] Original air date/ Rerun indicator?

For talk and Help about everything concerning TV-Browser.
Antworten
jdonato

[TVB-719] Original air date/ Rerun indicator?

Beitrag von jdonato »

I am using TV-Browser with Schedules Direct on a Mac.
Is there a way to show the original air date of a program? This is so basic that I believe I have somehow missed the option. Any indication will do, original air date, Repeat, Rerun, etc. It makes TV-Browser less effective for me if there is not a way for me to immediately know if the program is a repeat or not.

I use other apps, so I know this information is included in the Schedules Direct data.

Please help?
bodo
Site Admin
Re: Original air date/ Rerun indicator?

Beitrag von bodo »

At the moment this Information is stored into the production year. Don't know why, but I think it is wrong there. We should change that, shouldn't we :) ? There must be a reason why I did this, but I can't remember it :( .

Here is the code:

Code: Alles auswählen

if (xtvdProgram.getOriginalAirDate() != null) {
              Calendar aircal = Calendar.getInstance();
              aircal.setTime(xtvdProgram.getOriginalAirDate().getDate());
              prog.setIntField(ProgramFieldType.PRODUCTION_YEAR_TYPE, aircal.get(Calendar.YEAR));
            }
Maybee we should put it into the REPETITION-Field of TV-Browser, aswell.
jdonato

Beitrag von jdonato »

Thanks for the reply, bodo. Just getting acquainted with TV-Browser, and I like it, specially the multiple options to customize the application to our needs. Anything you can do to get the info visible will be great!
bodo
Site Admin

Beitrag von bodo »

Are there any other informations you are missing?
jdonato

Beitrag von jdonato »

bodo hat geschrieben:Are there any other informations you are missing?
Well, I am still familiarizing myself with TV-Browser. I hope to be a "newbie expert" soon. :D

That said, one thing I find very useful in my other apps has to do with the original date. Each new program (not a rerun) is highlighted in bold, while each rerun is plain text. I know that in TV-Browser each title is bold, and I like it that way. Maybe there could be a plug-in or a preference (option) to let the user select a color for the titles of new programs? That would be extremely useful.

Thanks for your attention to this requests. I'll keep you posted with my impressions on this great app.
jdonato

Beitrag von jdonato »

bodo hat geschrieben:Are there any other informations you are missing?
Now that I think of it: I like to have a "Schedule" or "Watch list". What is the best way to accomplish this with TV-Browser? Favorites will not do because in Favorites I will see every program, including repeats, which I would exclude in a "watch list". From what I have explored, I believe "Mark programs" could do the trick, but if there is another way, please let me know.

Sorry for all my questions....
bodo
Site Admin

Beitrag von bodo »

You can mark the program or simply add it to your reminders. The reminder will open a popup when the show starts if the tv-browser is running.
Antworten