Tray on a Mac?

For talk and Help about everything concerning TV-Browser.
Antworten
jdonato

Tray on a Mac?

Beitrag von jdonato »

What is the "tray" and how is it displayed on a Mac? Is it the menu item with the TV-Browser logo?
What is it supposed to do? I click mine and nothing happens.
bodo
Site Admin
Re: Tray on a Mac?

Beitrag von bodo »

The tray is not working correctly on a mac :( . You can simply disable it in the settings.

http://enwiki.tvbrowser.org/index.php/S ... y_settings
jdonato

Beitrag von jdonato »

Thanks for the reply.
Bananeweizen
Site Admin

Beitrag von Bananeweizen »

Not even in the 3.0 version? If so, we should disable the tray functionality on Mac by default (i.e. change the default settings value).
jdonato

Beitrag von jdonato »

Not even in the 3.0 version?
I don't have Tray settings in my build of version 3.
Bananeweizen
Site Admin

Beitrag von Bananeweizen »

Seems like somebody already disabled it for Macs like I just suggested. Fine. :)
lucaspolan

Beitrag von lucaspolan »

Well, Windows XP's tray serves a somewhat different function. Developers can create tray icons that essentially act as a way to control an application no matter where you are in the system or what you are doing.
jdonato

Beitrag von jdonato »

lucaspolan hat geschrieben:Well, Windows XP's tray serves a somewhat different function. Developers can create tray icons that essentially act as a way to control an application no matter where you are in the system or what you are doing.
In Mac OS you can do the same via the dock icon which appears every time you run an application (or you can leave the icon always visible). Some applications offer both options, a dock-icon controller or a menu icon. But right now, in the Mac version of TV-Browser, there is no menu icon (tray item), and the dock icon does not control or show much info about TV-Browser, just Quit, Hide, Open at Login, Show in Finder, etc., pretty basic stuff.
Antworten