Feature request: Client server version of TV-Browser

For talk and Help about everything concerning TV-Browser.
Antworten
allanlewis

Feature request: Client server version of TV-Browser

Beitrag von allanlewis »

I run a MythTV system and I'd love to be able to mark programmes as favourites from either the backend or one of the two frontends. I could set the location of the config files to be in a shared folder on the server, but I'm worried that this would cause issues between Windows and Linux frontends and also if instances of TV-Browser were running on more than one machine consecutively. The obvious solution is a client-server approach. I would love it if each user could have their own "mark" colour. This could either be done by Windows/Mac/Linux username, or by a separate authentication system.

As a starting point, it would be good if the program could deal with the config files being stored in a central location, and with more than one instance running without over-writing each other's changes (e.g. marked programs).

I know a little Java, but I doubt I'll be any help on the development side - sorry! Let me know if you think this is feasible...
midnightflash

Re: Feature request: Client server version of TV-Browser

Beitrag von midnightflash »

Also several client PCs with often more than one OS (mostly Window$ and different Linuxes) installed... and all are working in the same LAN and every one is updating on their own.
Would really be handy to have such a Client-Server-thing, while the server installed on the local 24/7 NAS-multimedia-VDR-server.
allanlewis

Beitrag von allanlewis »

midnightflash hat geschrieben:Also several client PCs with often more than one OS (mostly Window$ and different Linuxes) installed... and all are working in the same LAN and every one is updating on their own.
Would really be handy to have such a Client-Server-thing, while the server installed on the local 24/7 NAS-multimedia-VDR-server.
Exactly what I'm looking for!
Sven

Beitrag von Sven »

Hi there,

4 years are gone since that request. I'm currently at the same point. I'm installing tvbrowser transportable on my Nas, mount it via NFS and execute it from the client machines. That's working quite good, but it's only a workaround.

Also I have to update the programm data on the client machine.

Whould be a huge advantage to have a server-client structure, where the server application runs natively on my Nas and updates the programm information once a day via cron job or something else. The local client should only connect to the server and get the programm selection / the complete view from there. Something in the way like MPD.
Antworten