Bug: Configuration data corrupt after shutdown

For talk and Help about everything concerning TV-Browser.
Antworten
fschlosser

Bug: Configuration data corrupt after shutdown

Beitrag von fschlosser »

When the PC is shut down and restarted again while TV-Browser is running at shutdown time, the configuration data is partly corrupt on next TV-Brower start.
Sometimes the "Recording control" plugin (for my Dreambox) configuration is lost and I can no longer schedule recordings.
Other time you get Java exceptions "Cannot find Dreambox data", "Problem beim laden von Gerät...", or similar...

This problem may be seen after about 30..50% of the reboots. When you quit TV-Brower before shutdown, there is no problem.
I found only one workaround: make a copy of the working configuration folder and when the problem occurs, restore the saved configuration :cry:

I have seen this problem with version 2.7 and also with 3.0beta.
I am using Windows 7 Professional - x64 german. Before when I had Vista (also 64-bit) I did not see this problem.

I found similar bug reports in the german forum: http://hilfe.tvbrowser.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13161

It seems as if Windows 7 could not terminate the application correctly but just killed it on shutdown so that open configuration files are not saved properly.

Franz
bodo
Site Admin
Re: Bug: Configuration data corrupt after shutdown

Beitrag von bodo »

Have you modified the shutdown time using a "Windows Tweak Tool" ? Normaly this is called "Fast Shutdown".
fschlosser

Beitrag von fschlosser »

No, this is an installation without any Tweak-Tool. How can I check whether I (or some other program) has activated it?

I checked the registry value "WaitToKillServiceTimeout" but it has a moderate value of 12000 (12 sec.).
Maybe TV-Browser does not terminate within 12 seconds and is being killed by the shutdown procedure time by time?
bodo
Site Admin

Beitrag von bodo »

12 seconds should be more than enough to shutdown tv-browser gracefully.
Antworten