Time correction

For talk and Help about everything concerning TV-Browser.
Jacordia

Time correction

Beitrag von Jacordia »

Greetings to all
My first post - Question
Is it possible to configure the time correction to more than plus minus one hour, I would like to modify American program schedules into European time - at present a 6 hour time difference.
thanks for any help - spikebkool
ds10
Site Admin
Re: Time correction

Beitrag von ds10 »

That's done automatically, just select the correct time zone. So if you want to see the American programs with European time select a Central Europe time zone in TV-Browser.
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
Unterstütze die Weiterentwicklung von TV-Browser
spikebkool

Beitrag von spikebkool »

Thanks for the tip but unfortunately that doesn't seem work for the AFN program schedules - in order to get the correct CET time I need to set my location somewhere in the vicinity of Singapore
spikebkool

Beitrag von spikebkool »

Hi ds10,
I've got it sorted so far, if I make my location est/GMT-7 - I can load the AFN channels in CET time but then any European channels are way out. What I really need is a way to time correct each individual channel. There is presently a channel correction possibility of plus/minus one hour wouldn't it be possible to extend this ? If I may ask - what kind of donation would be acceptable to make this feature a reality ?
gruss - spike
Jo
Site Admin

Beitrag von Jo »

I will have a look if the data is wrong.
Jo
Site Admin

Beitrag von Jo »

We get the data from here: http://myafn.dodmedia.osd.mil/RssFeeds.aspx . Could you have a look if this data is correct?
spikebkool

Beitrag von spikebkool »

Thanks for your input Jo, It appears to be the AFN Movie Channel that is completely out of sync. Unfortunately I was using that as my reference. The other AFN channels are all okay - I simply adjust the CET summertime - but the Movie channel is about 7 hours out of whack which I can only adjust by changing my geo location time which of course puts everything else out. Catch 22. Such is life at least I know what's going on now. However it would be good as in this case to be able to adjust a channel individually.
gruss - spike
spikebkool

Beitrag von spikebkool »

For your info
Correct my previous posts all RSS feeds for AFN channels have a time difference of I think it's 7 hours as far as I can see - the only one that is GMT time is AFN Atlantic. In order to view at the correct CET time I have to enter a location correction of etc/GMT -7.
Jo
Site Admin

Beitrag von Jo »

Maybe you can contact them as viewer and tell them that their times are incorrect. These are general RSS feeds for all people, not specific for TV-Browser. I can't receive the channels, so it's difficult for me.
spikebkool

Beitrag von spikebkool »

RSS feed programming times are correct for the U.S. location of origination however due to the time difference between Europe and the U.S. it's necessary to correct by several hours for European time. I guess this is just a one off thing. That's life.
Bananeweizen
Site Admin

Beitrag von Bananeweizen »

If they all have US timezone, then it's a matter of our parser, which needs to convert the time to GMT.
Jo
Site Admin

Beitrag von Jo »

Their RSS data explicitly says GMT:
<airdate>2010-10-24T14:15:00 GMT</airdate>
It this is wrong I think it's better if they correct it than us ignoring this and setting the timezone to Eastern Time (or what would it be?).

Their schedule on their website: http://myafn.dodmedia.osd.mil/ScheduleChart.aspx also seems to contain errors, so they might have a general problem with the data.
Bananeweizen
Site Admin

Beitrag von Bananeweizen »

Ok, if it says this in the data already, then you are right and it's a bug on their side. Would be nice if some native speaker could mail them about this issue...
javaed24

Beitrag von javaed24 »

Jo,
I've been using tv-browser for years!!! great stuff! I have also had the usual problem with the AFN channels. I read the thread and the problem appears to be that your program considers the times to be GMT whereas AFN Europe broadcasts at the times listed in the rss service CET (central european time not GMT). this has the effect of throwing the AFN broadcast times off by TWO HOURS. one hour can be corrected by setting the time correction to -1 but the time still displays one hour too late. if you could adjust your program to read the AFN rss times as CET and not GMT this would fix the problem. alternately you could allow more than one hour plus or minus on the time correction feature. thank you for your help.
Jo
Site Admin

Beitrag von Jo »

It should be correct tommorrow (afternoon).
Antworten