e-mail notification?

For talk and Help about everything concerning TV-Browser.
Antworten
vashoom

e-mail notification?

Beitrag von vashoom »

I see it has an option to automatically generate an e-mail to nofity the user of a favourite program, but it does not automatically send the e-mail. All it does for me is just create the e-mail with no name in the "to" field waiting for me to send it.

so what is the point of this feature?

I tried to edit the rule but all it has is formatting options for the e-mail body, nothing about the actual e-mail itself.

Am I missing something here?
Bananeweizen
Site Admin

Re: e-mail notification?

Beitrag von Bananeweizen »

What happens depends entirely on the mail program used (or the parameters given to it). You may need to change the command for invocation or you may need to use a completely different command line mail program if you want it fully automated. TV-Browser itself does not contain a mail server implementation, so we can only use the applications available on your system.

Anf if you want a recommendation: I successfully used http://www.beyondlogic.org/solutions/cm ... nemail.htm for automating mail sending on Windows with batch files, maybe you can use it too.
vashoom

Beitrag von vashoom »

thanks for that but it looks way too complicated to program the scripts, I just thought when the software said e-mail alert it would actually send an e-mail alert without needing external programs and configured scripts, i guess not

maybe something for future developtment?

thanks anyway

ps. the confirmation code shows capital letters but only accepts lower case.. u might wanna change this or make it more clear.
vashoom

Beitrag von vashoom »

for those interested, i found a way to get tv browser to e-mail me without configuring command line pipes.

install use the growler plugin, download growler (or growler for windows), have growler forward the request to e-mail and configure your e-mail settings in growler.

works perfectly :)

thanks for this great app tv brower, it now does exactly what i wanted it to :)
Methanoid

Beitrag von Methanoid »

Vashoom

Did U mean Growl for Windows?
Antworten