Audio Description

For talk and Help about everything concerning TV-Browser.
Antworten
simquayle

Audio Description

Beitrag von simquayle »

Hi guys.

Trying to make use of TV-browser to be able to output all shows containing audio description or subtitles on a set of channels. The data the TV-browser grabs seems sketchy at best in this regard (no AD and only 1 hit for subs), which is weird because I use Radio Times manually to get this information and it's usually accurate.

Does anyone have any suggestions/plugins/tips?

Thanks

Sim
Jo
Site Admin

Re: Audio Description

Beitrag von Jo »

Where do you look? I see at BBC1 and BBC2 in TV-Browser almost every program with the sign for subtitles for aurally handicaped.
simquayle

Beitrag von simquayle »

Principally I'm looking at ITV3, FIVER, FIVE USA, CHANNEL ONE, E4 and CITV.

Following your comment I looked at BBC1, and their is still a disparity between Radio Times site content and the data presented by TV-Browser for subs and no Audio Description is displayed at all. I took a couple of screen grabs to demonstrate.

Bild
Bild

As you can see it picks up on the widescreen element but not the subtitles. Any suggestions/ideas anyone? Is the the feed radio times supplies different to the one they use for their site?

Weird...
Jo
Site Admin

Beitrag von Jo »

Your version of TV-Browser (and the Radiotimes plugin) doesn't seem to be up to date. For exactly the same program you posted I have (with 3.0 RC2) additional icons for subtitles and "category news".
simquayle

Beitrag von simquayle »

Ok, updated to Tv-Browser RC2, and yes the subtitles are now being picked up. However Audio Description is still lacking. Here's another couple of grabs:

Bild
Bild

No Audio description is picked up. Anything else I could try?

Thanks for the help so far.
Jo
Site Admin

Beitrag von Jo »

simquayle hat geschrieben:No Audio description is picked up. Anything else I could try?
Unfortunatley the Radiotimes Xmltv data doesn't provide information about audio description for unknown reasons, so we can't add it :-(.
simquayle

Beitrag von simquayle »

No problem. You've already helped me turn a 10 minute job into about 5 clicks.

Thanks for everything
Antworten