Growl and getting listings

For talk and Help about everything concerning TV-Browser.
Antworten
jdonato

Growl and getting listings

Beitrag von jdonato »

I am having a problem using Growl and TV-Browser 3.01 on my Mac.

When I click on "Get recent TV listings" my download begins normally, but then, all of my favorites that are scheduled for that week will pop up on screen with Growl notification. So I end with a screen full of upcoming shows, which I click to close, but its space gets occupied with another of my upcoming shows (since not all of them fit my screen at once). So I continue clicking for minutes until they all close. This only happens with updating my listings, otherwise Growl and TV-Browser works just fine.

This has occurred since the first time I tried Growl. What I did all this time was turning off all notifications, exiting TVB, running TVB again, update my listing, exiting TVB again, running TVB again and turning on all my notifications, obviously a pain. I thought this will get corrected when we were out of beta, but that was not the case.

Is there something I am doing wrong? In Preferences I have selected: Favorite programs-- Pass favorite program to Growl notification, and Automatic remind of new favorite programs. In Reminder--- Send reminded program to Growl notification. These are the things I turn off in order to be able to update my listings normally.

Please help.
jdonato

Re: Growl and getting listings

Beitrag von jdonato »

Anyone?

At least would like to know if someone else is using Growl with TV-Browser on Mac OS.
jdonato

Beitrag von jdonato »

I was browsing the forums and came up with this old post of mine. I have since solved this issue with a workaround:

Before updating your listings, go to "Preferences" or "Configure TV-Browser", go to the "Plugins" section and turn off your Growl notification plug-in. CLick OK, download your listings and go back and turn on Growl again. Not a solution but a workaround, but it does not take much time to implement. Hope this helps anyone else having this issue.
ds10
Site Admin

Beitrag von ds10 »

Well you simply made a configuration mistake. You have selected the export to Growl in the Favorites plugin. That is wrong because TV-Browser will export all new found Favorites to Growl at the same time. Growl has to be set as export only in the Reminder plugin to be reminded with Growl.

[ Post made via Android ] Bild
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
Unterstütze die Weiterentwicklung von TV-Browser
jdonato

Beitrag von jdonato »

ds10 hat geschrieben:Well you simply made a configuration mistake. You have selected the export to Growl in the Favorites plugin. That is wrong because TV-Browser will export all new found Favorites to Growl at the same time. Growl has to be set as export only in the Reminder plugin to be reminded with Growl.

[ Post made via Android ] Bild
Wow! Thanks ds10. Such a simple fix, my bad. Knowing what great support the TV-Browser team offers via these forums, it is a surprise my original question got lost in the bulk of support question you receive each day. I really thought it was a problem with Growl and the Mac build of TV-Browser on my computer. Good to know the simple solution, thanks a lot! :)
Antworten