Reruns

For talk and Help about everything concerning TV-Browser.
Antworten
Ferrari328

Reruns

Beitrag von Ferrari328 »

Using schedulesdirect for data, thanks for getting that to work. Any way to highlight original airings or marking reruns? Now we get tons of reruns in the original timeslots.
ds10
Site Admin
Re: Reruns

Beitrag von ds10 »

I don't know how the schedules direct data are, but if they bring the number of the episode you could search for that with a Reg-Ex advanced favorite search. It's a bit complicated to get it work, but it would be something like this, you want all episodes that are 300-399 you would search for:

Code: Alles auswählen

.*Title of series.*(3[0-9][0-9]).*
Search in all fields and you would not loose any, but that is only if the schedules direct data have the number of the episode.

If the new flag for a program is available you can search for it with a filter component for this information.
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
Unterstütze die Weiterentwicklung von TV-Browser
Ferrari328

Beitrag von Ferrari328 »

Thanks for the reply. Guess there is no easy way :-(. Even an outdated program like MyTelly mytelly.sourceforge.net is able to bold the new programs. To bad since you guys have such an outstanding program here that does everything else really well and even let you change the channel names.
ds10
Site Admin

Beitrag von ds10 »

Well it's not that it is not possible, TV-Browser has the function to mark new episode, but that depends on the data.
I don't have the schedules direct access, therefor I don't know if they provide this information, if they do, then it would be easy to get it to work (with a filter to search for new programs).

So it comes down to the data quality.

Like you can see here: Zeichenerklärung, there is a symbol for new programs, where it says "Sendung ist neu".
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
Ferrari328

Beitrag von Ferrari328 »

I can give you access or I could send you the data if that would help. I think the data is there since My Telly highlights them.
ds10
Site Admin

Beitrag von ds10 »

The information is not save, you will get false positive but for new series it should work.
Go to View->Filter->Edit filter..., click New..., click New, select for Type: keyword
For Search term enter: .*
Select In certain fields, click Select and choose only Repetition of
For Options select Term is a regular expression
Give the component a name live Repetition

In the Filter rule: field add a not before the entered name.
Give the Filter a name, you also can use Repetition here.

The new filter can be used in the expert view of the favorite creation and only programs with no repetition information will be found and that should be the new ones.
Ferrari328

Beitrag von Ferrari328 »

Thank you, tried that using American trucker on speed that has both original runs and reruns and it doesn't find any. Expanding on the episode today at 22:00 it shows a rerun date of 6/2/11 12:00 AM and it's not a rerun. The one at 22:30 shows a rerun date of 5/12/11 12:00 AM and it's a rerun.
(No, I don't watch the program but it was the first one I found with both originals and reruns.)
ds10
Site Admin

Beitrag von ds10 »

There are two rerun fields, Repetition on and Repetition of, the first one is shown on programs that runs for the first time an have a known rerun, the second is for reruns itself to show when the first run was.

You need to select the right one in the filter settings and the search term have really to be dotstar = .* and it works only if it is set to regular expression.

You don't need to run a search, you create the filter and can select it in the view menu to see only the programs that are matches by the filter.

But if the schedules direct data says it is a repetition of even if it's not, than nothing can be done.
Ferrari328

Beitrag von Ferrari328 »

Thank filter settings are correct and I tried both versions of rerun, first one finds nothing and the second one finds all. Well, you have access to schedulesdirect if you want to play with it. You could also install My Telly, it's open source so you can get the code, I'm not a programmer so no help here. Otherwise I'm VERY impressed by all the features you have engineered into this product, very impressive.
ds10
Site Admin

Beitrag von ds10 »

After looking into the source of MyTelly I can say that it uses a workaround. If the date of the rerun is equal to the date of the program itself it guesses that it is no rerun. Problem there it only works if you are in the right time zone. So for you this workaround works but for me here in Europe it doesn't.
Antworten