Settings in Favourites

For talk and Help about everything concerning TV-Browser.
Antworten
keithy397
Settings in Favourites

Beitrag von keithy397 »

When I set a programme as a Fave, I often find I get too many results because of repeats, of which there are a few these days! For example, having recently set a prog as Fave, I got exactly what I wanted and too much more because the programme was being repeated after the current run.

Would it be possible to time-limit the current Fave setting with a from - to or last day setting or similar? Or is there an already functioning method of which I'm not aware?
ds10
Site Admin
Re: Settings in Favourites

Beitrag von ds10 »

Yes you can limit the time, just open the Favorite for edit and you will see the time selection.
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
Unterstütze die Weiterentwicklung von TV-Browser
keithy397

Beitrag von keithy397 »

Perhaps I didn't explain myself too well. I am aware of the time settings (00.00 to 23.59) but by time limit I meant days/dates not hours.

If I select a favourite to repeat daily between 01.00 and 03.00, if the programme is repeated the following week I get all those in the display too.

I was thinking of maybe adding a setting to finish a Fave selection on a particular date? ie, Sopranos > 19.00 to 23.00 > daily > until / end on 12 Nov 2012?
ds10
Site Admin

Beitrag von ds10 »

That's not possible with a normal Favorite but I also don't get it why you would find it useful. That would only work if you knew beforehand when episodes run that you want to see. If you desperately need it than you could create an AvdancedFavorite and create a BeanShell-Filter for it that limits the acceptable date.

Example code of the BeanShell-Filter:

Code: Alles auswählen

import devplugin.beanshell.BeanShellProgramFilterIf;
import devplugin.Program;
import devplugin.ProgramFieldType;

accept(Program p) {
	return p.getDate().compareTo(new devplugin.Date(2011,7,20)) < 1;
}

return (BeanShellProgramFilterIf) this;
This will accept all dates before the 20th July of 2011.
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
keithy397

Beitrag von keithy397 »

ds10 hat geschrieben:That's not possible with a normal Favorite but I also don't get it why you would find it useful. That would only work if you knew beforehand when episodes run that you want to see.
This morning I set 'Scotland's Clans' on Blighty as a Fave. There are six episodes in the series, all being shown during this coming week between 01.00 and 03.00 over various mornings so I set the Fave accordingly i.e. 'daily' because they're on irregular days, Mon, Tues and Thurs. Next week the prog's (same series) are being repeated on the same channel at similar times and my Fave is picking those episodes up too. I was hoping maybe (as you say) an Advanced Favourite setting would perhaps enable me to see only the required episodes by setting a cut-off date.

I'm guessing this instance has occurred because I always update for the upcoming 2 weeks.

It also occurs to me that I could add the progs to a marker, but that defeats the object of having a Fave don't you think?
ds10 hat geschrieben:If you desperately need it than you could create an AvdancedFavorite and create a BeanShell-Filter for it that limits the acceptable date.
Example code of the BeanShell-Filter:

Code: Alles auswählen

import devplugin.beanshell.BeanShellProgramFilterIf;
import devplugin.Program;
import devplugin.ProgramFieldType;

accept(Program p) {
	return p.getDate().compareTo(new devplugin.Date(2011,7,20)) < 1;
}

return (BeanShellProgramFilterIf) this;
This will accept all dates before the 20th July of 2011.
I wouldn't know where to start with JS! I know a little (tiny amount!) about html and bbcode, but that's it!!

Thanks for your input here ds10, much appreciated.
ds10
Site Admin

Beitrag von ds10 »

It's not so hard to create a filter the source code I posted is all what you need.

Follow this article: http://enwiki.tvbrowser.org/index.php/Filter_rules and create a Bean-Shell filter component and copy the source code. How to set up a date should be obvious. Then you can add a filter exclusion for your favorite with this filter and you will only see the program that are wanted.

If you use it as exclusion you have to add a not in the filter settings before the name of your Bean-Shell filter component to exclude all programs that are after the given date.
keithy397

Beitrag von keithy397 »

Okey Dokey, I'll give it a whirl!

Thanks.
MyJuliet

Beitrag von MyJuliet »

This helps me a great deal. Thank you.
Antworten