Screen refresh problems in Ubuntu

For talk and Help about everything concerning TV-Browser.
Antworten
fusa

Screen refresh problems in Ubuntu

Beitrag von fusa »

I have been using TV-Browser since version 2.7, in a few distributions of Ubuntu, including the most recent, 11.04. After upgrading to 3.0 I have noticed the the screen doesn't refresh completely.
When minimizing or scrolling some of the screen doesn't update, so I will not see the list of channels on the right, or top, or some programs will display programs from the previous screen.
I have had the problem on 2 different computers, and 3 versions of Ubuntu, 10.04, 10.10 and 11.04. The current computer is new, with a fresh installation of Ubuntu 11.04. I didn't have this problem with version 2.7 of TV-Browser.
ds10
Site Admin
Re: Screen refresh problems in Ubuntu

Beitrag von ds10 »

Which LookAndFeel do you use for 2.7 and wich for 3.0? Which Java version?
I use TV-Browser under Ubuntu too and don't have any of those problems.
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
Unterstütze die Weiterentwicklung von TV-Browser
fusa

Beitrag von fusa »

TV-Browser version: 3.0.1
Look and feel: GTK+
Java Version: 1.6.0_22 OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM Sun Microsystems Inc. /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre

I tried switching the look and feel, the problem persists with different ones.
ds10
Site Admin

Beitrag von ds10 »

I can't reproduce your problem not under Ubuntu 11.04 Unity with Compiz or the 2D version of Unity or Lubuntu 11.04.
Maybe the driver of the video card has some problems, I only can test with ATI and Intel graphics.
You could try to install the sun-java6-jre package if it is available in the Canonical partner repository.
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
fusa

Beitrag von fusa »

I am using ATI graphics card too, currently a 6xxx series, before I was using a 4xxx series. I tried installing Sun Java from conical, but received errors so reverted back to Open JDK
fusa

Beitrag von fusa »

an image of this:

Bild
ds10
Site Admin

Beitrag von ds10 »

I don't have any idea where to look for the bug. Maybe you should use 2.7.6, if the problem don't occurs there.
Do you use Compiz on all Ubuntu versions?
What additional packages are installed?
fusa

Beitrag von fusa »

I did use Compiz prior to upgrading my computer, currently I don't. I have been using the Skins look and feel, and seems to have reduced the problem a lot. GTK+ was the worst, some others had the affect less. TV-Browser was one of the first applications I installed after installing and updating 11.04 on my new computer. Others I have installed are Thunderbird, apache, mysql, proftpd, bind, akregator, xchat, and transmission.
v6ph1
Site Admin

Beitrag von v6ph1 »

HD 6xxx is the newest series.
Maybe it isn't supported correctly by your graphics driver.

You may try an other one (radeon, radeonhd, fglrx).

best regards
v6ph1
fusa

Beitrag von fusa »

My older computer was using the 4xxx series graphics card and still had the same problems. I had thought that the issue was just that the computer wasn't able to handle the requirements of TV-Browser, but my new computer should be able to with no problems. I have been using the fglrx drivers.
TvJones

Beitrag von TvJones »

I had this problem too and I now just use 2.7.6 and it works fine.
bergschreck

Beitrag von bergschreck »

I have the same problem with Ubuntu 12.04 and Unity (Compiz). It does not happen in Unity 2D (Metacity). So I think there is an issue with compositing managers. I will try TV-Browser 2.7. Can someone explain how I can install it? The packages has some dependencies to java 5 and does not install.
bergschreck

I tried using 2.7.6 using tar.gz download. I have the same problem with this version.

I opened a bug report on launchpad:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1032936
bergschreck

I found that the problem depends on the size of the scolling area. I made the right frame with the channel list a bit wider and now the problem is mostly away.
Antworten