no tv reception

For talk and Help about everything concerning TV-Browser.
Antworten
khun wim

no tv reception

Beitrag von khun wim »

I am new to TV-browser but looking at the specification I think it is a great program, only too bad no Dutch programs.
But I feel very embarrashed since I installed the programm, did the configuration but it seems that I cannot receive any real time program.
I am not a newbee to IT and Television. I tried to read the handbook, searched Wiki and this forum but I cannot find an answer to this problem.
What am I overlooking?
I run on W7, have IE9 and have the latest Java version installed.

thank you in advance
ds10
Site Admin
Re: no tv reception

Beitrag von ds10 »

You cannot actually receive any real time program with TV-Browser it's an electronic program guide.
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
Unterstütze die Weiterentwicklung von TV-Browser
NOPdat

Beitrag von NOPdat »

Wouldn't that be a nice new feature for the next major update? TV-Browser detects the chipset of your TV tuner card or stick which is attached to the computer (or detects the provider of the IP-TV you may have subscribed to) or asks the user during install and sets the program by reading EPG data or something? You click on the description of the show "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" in the RTL section of TV-Browser, and the tuner switches to that station, if the entry you selected, is blue, if it's in the future it will start recording at the given date/time? I think this should be technically possible, albeit a lot of work to do for the developers...
Ronald28

Beitrag von Ronald28 »

NOPdat hat geschrieben:Wouldn't that be a nice new feature for the next major update? TV-Browser detects the chipset of your TV tuner card or stick which is attached to the computer (or detects the provider of the IP-TV you may have subscribed to) or asks the user during install and sets the program by reading EPG data or something? You click on the description of the show "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" in the RTL section of TV-Browser, and the tuner switches to that station, if the entry you selected, is blue, if it's in the future it will start recording at the given date/time? I think this should be technically possible, albeit a lot of work to do for the developers...
Just google whatever you need etc
Antworten