V3.1 on a Mac

For talk and Help about everything concerning TV-Browser.
David Litman

V3.1 on a Mac

Beitrag von David Litman »

Using V3.1 on a Mac running OS 10.6.8 in the UK.
Scratching my head with a few things and was hoping one of you guys can help, please? Previous versions worked great!

First, no radio channels in Available Channel List when even, set to All Catagories?
Second, can only click a different day in the calender once, it then freezes and have quit and restart Broswer?
Third, is the search field meant to be only one day at a time?

Not complaining about this great Ap as it is so much better than say, paying an Eye TV subscription. But, I would love to sort out the above.

Thank you.
Jo
Site Admin

Re: V3.1 on a Mac

Beitrag von Jo »

For the BBC radio stations you need the BBC plugin.
Please Activate Logging before TV-Browser freezes to see if there is an error message.
ds10
Site Admin

Beitrag von ds10 »

The search field is not only for one day, you can click on the icon on the left of the search field to setup the search properties.
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
Unterstütze die Weiterentwicklung von TV-Browser
TVBmcr

Beitrag von TVBmcr »

David Litman hat geschrieben:Using V3.1 on a Mac running OS 10.6.8 in the UK.
Second, can only click a different day in the calendar once, it then freezes and have quit and restart Broswer?
Using V3.1 on a Mac running OS 10.6.8 in the UK.

After a few weeks of no problems like this, suddenly a few days ago I started to have the same problem
Also Couldn't find anywhere to activate logging ....

I do find that I can use the day arrows to scroll forwards and backwards many days, no freezing
Only a problem, recent, when I try to use the calendar

You mention...
Please Activate Logging before TV-Browser freezes to see if there is an error message.

The file doesn't exist ... please make it a function in settings

I downloaded 3.0.2, exactly the same problem now !!
TVBmcr

Beitrag von TVBmcr »

Best solution I've found is to TURN OFF the date selector (Calendar) using f4 key !
weeble24

Beitrag von weeble24 »

Well, thank you guys.

Still no radio guides and now no BBC1 guide despite loading latest BBC plugin.

I can't see the buttons to move forward or back in the callender.

Thank you ds10 about clicking the icon. I found all the search options there.

Installed plug to get film ratings. Not working.

I have to say that I find this version more problematic than version 2.
ds10
Site Admin

Beitrag von ds10 »

You can add the buttons to the toolbar if you right click on it and select Configure... and drag the buttons on the toolbar. You could also try to change the calendar to list date selection on Graphical settings tab.
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
David Litman

Thank you ds10 again. Both of those tips works.

Now, I would still like to solve the problem of no EPG data for BBC1 and all the BBC Radio stations. Also, after first installing v3.1, I was delighted to have (what I assume was Radio Times) critiques of movies. It lasted a couple of weeks and then stopped. How can I get that back, please? In prefs/plugins window, most of the plugs "active" tick are ghosted.

Is it possible to post a screen shot to show you what I mean?

Any ideas, please?
ds10
Site Admin

Beitrag von ds10 »

I know what you mean with ghosted active tick, but that's OK those are all activated and it's simply not possible to deactivate those Plugins.

I don't manage the TV data, maybe something was changed on BBC side or RadioTimes so that the Plugin doesn't work correct.
David Litman

Could be. Thank you very much for your time ds10.

Anyone else know anything, please?
Jo
Site Admin

Beitrag von Jo »

You have to tell more exactly what is wrong. In general, BBC and Radiotimes plugins are working. But there are dozens of BBC1 variants, maybe some of them don't contain schedules.
David Litman

Hi Jo

I have epg for BBC HD, BBC2, BBC3 and 4 but not BBC1 and all the BBC radio stations.

The plugs I have are BBC Data Service 3.1.2.0 beta, EPGfree data 3.0.2.0, Radio Times 3.0.2.0 and Recording control 3.0.2.0, amongst others.

I have done "Update / Install plugins". I just don't know how to get these working again.

In addition, all of a sudden, when I click any program for its details, the "record" button (for Eye TV) is missing. What happened, please? It's all slowly going downhill! Help!
Jo
Site Admin

Beitrag von Jo »

Please Activate Logging and then try to update the data the usual way (certainly only if you have a BBC1 program and a radio program in your program table).
David Litman

I could not find "Activate Logging" in TV-Browser so clicked your link. What next, please.
Jo
Site Admin

Beitrag von Jo »

Antworten