Missing programmes on S4C

For talk and Help about everything concerning TV-Browser.
Antworten
yddraiggoch

Missing programmes on S4C

Beitrag von yddraiggoch »

I'm using the latest version of TV Browser and rarely check the schedules for any channel other than S4C. Recently, there's a problem in the channel's TV Browser listings.

In the evenings, there are some short (about 5 minutes) evening news headline programmes (Penawdau Newyddion). As they're so short and between other programmes, they don't appear in the Radio Times website's listings. They are displayed in the TV Broswer listings but the programme after them isn't always. The result is that a short news headlines programme appears to fill a slot that is actually another programme's. Those programmes don't appear in the TV Browser listings at all.
Jo
Site Admin

Re: Missing programmes on S4C

Beitrag von Jo »

The problem seems to be that they have the same start time as the programs after them. This is something TV-Browser can't handle.
yddraiggoch

Thanks for the response. Is there any chance a bit of code can be included to filter out programmes with 'newyddion' in the title if they have the same start time as another programme?
Jo
Site Admin

Beitrag von Jo »

I'd like to have both programmes displayed (since it is a general problem). I'm trying to work on a solution.
yddraiggoch

I appreciate you looking into it.

Another recent change that is somewhat inconvenient is that programme descriptions are only in English. Until a few weeks ago, they also had Welsh descriptions. The English descriptions are only brief translations of the Welsh originals, which contain more detail and are more accurate. Is TV Browser filtering out the Welsh or is it not included in the original source?
Jo
Site Admin

Beitrag von Jo »

yddraiggoch hat geschrieben:Is TV Browser filtering out the Welsh or is it not included in the original source?
TV-Browser doesn't filter anything out. If it isn't available anymore, then it isn't in the source.
Jo
Site Admin

Beitrag von Jo »

If you use the newest nightly build from today from http://tvbrowser.org:8080/hudson/job/tv ... er/public/ , you will be able to see programs with the same start time. They seem to be in the wrong order sometimes (or the start time even is wrong), but this is already in the Radiotimes source.
yddraiggoch

That's great. Many, many thanks.
Antworten