Open a second Browser for extra Channels, plus other quest's

For talk and Help about everything concerning TV-Browser.
Antworten
TVBmcr

Open a second Browser for extra Channels, plus other quest's

Beitrag von TVBmcr »

Newbie here.....

I am very pleased with TV-Browser, using Apple iMac OS 10.6.8

Finally got it configured to how I want it, colours, favourites etc.

I have it configured for 10 main channels on Freeview UK I can receive

I would like to open a second browser for different 10 Freesat Channels I can also receive, for ease of viewing & printing, is this possible ?

Secondly, is it (one click) possible to favourite a programme without it automatically favouriting series ?
(Thinking of special guests on an interview programme, or daily News programme)

Thirdly, if I have printer plugin installed, it puts a little print icon on each programme when I fav it, so I don't have it enabled until I am ready to print, actually save to pdf.

Fourthly, why do some fav'd programmes show in red text but no coloured background later on when initial programme fav'd has been transmitted ?

TIA
Red Text
Red Text
Screen shot 2012-01-09 at 00.00.58.jpg (18.48 KiB) 7218 mal betrachtet
My 10 Freeview Channels
My 10 Freeview Channels
Screen shot 2012-01-09 at 00.02.48.jpg (26.06 KiB) 7218 mal betrachtet
Dateianhänge
Printer icon
Printer icon
Screen shot 2012-01-09 at 00.04.36.jpg (20.47 KiB) 7218 mal betrachtet
ds10
Site Admin
Re: Open a second Browser for extra Channels, plus other que

Beitrag von ds10 »

TVBmcr hat geschrieben:Newbie here.....

I would like to open a second browser for different 10 Freesat Channels I can also receive, for ease of viewing & printing, is this possible ?
You can use the transportable Version of TV-Browser for this, but it would be easily possible in one TV-Browser with using of channel groups.
TVBmcr hat geschrieben:Secondly, is it (one click) possible to favourite a programme without it automatically favouriting series ?
(Thinking of special guests on an interview programme, or daily News programme)
I don't understand what you mean with this, one click is possible to prevent right click->selection but you will always get the creating dialog of the favorites.
TVBmcr hat geschrieben:Thirdly, if I have printer plugin installed, it puts a little print icon on each programme when I fav it, so I don't have it enabled until I am ready to print, actually save to pdf.
Those icons show that the programs are put in the printer queue, they should disappear if you print the programs. If not you can always clear the printer queue.
TVBmcr hat geschrieben:Fourthly, why do some fav'd programmes show in red text but no coloured background later on when initial programme fav'd has been transmitted ?
That is a debug information for developing. It shows, that something went wrong with the update of TV data. If you close TV-Browser and restart it, the red programs should be gone. So it is some sort of bug, that we couldn't find completely, You could use this test version: http://www.tvbrowser.org/downloads/test/tvbrowser.zip that should reduce that happening (replace the tvbrowser.jar of the installation with the tvbrowser.jar from the package).
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
Unterstütze die Weiterentwicklung von TV-Browser
TVBmcr

Beitrag von TVBmcr »

ds10 hat geschrieben:
TVBmcr hat geschrieben:Fourthly, why do some fav'd programmes show in red text but no coloured background later on when initial programme fav'd has been transmitted ?
That is a debug information for developing. It shows, that something went wrong with the update of TV data. If you close TV-Browser and restart it, the red programs should be gone. So it is some sort of bug, that we couldn't find completely,

You could use this test version that should reduce that happening (replace the tvbrowser.jar of the installation with the tvbrowser.jar from the package).
tvbrowser.jar from the package automatically un-jar's and I'm not sure what to do with the contents.

Using Apple iMAc OS 10.6.8

(I didn't realise I wasn't logged in, but could still post, please delete my post as a guest, then this sentence))
Zuletzt geändert von TVBmcr am 09 Jan 2012, 12:43, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
TVBmcr

Beitrag von TVBmcr »

ds10 hat geschrieben:
TVBmcr hat geschrieben:
You can use the transportable Version of TV-Browser for this, but it would be easily possible in one TV-Browser with using of channel groups.
Transportable seems to be WIndows only

If I copy TV-Browser mac version to usb, it just opens with the iMac configuration, ie the same channels.

I like having just 10 channels to display, and print via pdf to a one page A4 of all 10 channels

The extra channels I refer to, I would not want to print all the time, and I fear would just clutter the display, if all else fails, I will just have 20 channels open in TV-Browser

Fantastic product anyway, it took me years to find it !
Zuletzt geändert von TVBmcr am 09 Jan 2012, 12:47, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
ds10
Site Admin

Beitrag von ds10 »

Well I don't know if the dmg file for Mac is used as a whole, then you cannot use the test version in a installed TV-Browser under Mac.
But you can use the transportable Version, you simply have to start the tvbrowser.jar itself. That should at least work from a console with java -jar tvbrowser.jar.
The transportable version is not only for Windows.
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
Unterstütze die Weiterentwicklung von TV-Browser
TVBmcr

Beitrag von TVBmcr »

TVBmcr hat geschrieben:Newbie here.....

By downloading v 3.0.2 I can open it as a second window, and achieve what I want

10 channels on one, Freeview UK Channels

6 channels on the other, Freesat UK Channels

As 3.1 and 3.0.2 have different preference folders, there is no conflict, apart from a warning that TV-B is already open.
TVBmcr

Beitrag von TVBmcr »

ds10 hat geschrieben:
TVBmcr hat geschrieben:
That is a debug information for developing. It shows, that something went wrong with the update of TV data. If you close TV-Browser and restart it, the red programs should be gone. So it is some sort of bug, that we couldn't find completely, You could use this test version: http://www.tvbrowser.org/downloads/test/tvbrowser.zip that should reduce that happening (replace the tvbrowser.jar of the installation with the tvbrowser.jar from the package).
Found out what this is.

BBC1 if I select my region as the BBC1 channel, it does lose information and give red text.

However, if I select BBC1 (no region) it does not lose this information. BBC1 regional has very few different programmes anyway.
Antworten