More colours?

For talk and Help about everything concerning TV-Browser.
Antworten
keithy397
More colours?

Beitrag von keithy397 »

Hi. Firstly I hope you are all staying safe in these crazy days.

Is it possible to add more colours to Graphical Settings / Highlighting?

Cheers,
Keith
ds10
Site Admin
Re: More colours?

Beitrag von ds10 »

That is currently not possible. I've been reluctant to add more colors because it's foreseeable not enough for somebody again and again. I might consider to dynamize the number of colors, so the user can configure the number of priorities and therefor colors.
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
Unterstütze die Weiterentwicklung von TV-Browser
keithy397

Beitrag von keithy397 »

I know the current colours can be changed (I'm assuming because of the 'ColourMe' plugin) but I'm using all 5 for different categories and could use another 2 categories. I understand your reasons for not adding more and understand why. Maybe though, you would consider adding another 2 or however many you see fit in the next update ?

Cheers,
Keith
ds10
Site Admin

Beitrag von ds10 »

If you like you can try the current Nightly of TV-Browser which allows the user to create as many needed additional colors. It's possible to replace the tvbrowser.jar of an installation of TV-Browser with the tvbrowser.jar of the Nightly.
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
Siggi

Beitrag von Siggi »

short info:

with these nightly tvbrowser crashes at automatic plugin update after first start ater migration from 50 to 51 under windows 10.

Dismiss automatic update and running update manually works fine.
mfg Siggi

PS: Wer Fehler findet, darf Sie behalten!!! :-)
keithy397

Beitrag von keithy397 »

ds10 hat geschrieben: 14 Apr 2020, 10:48 If you like you can try the current Nightly of TV-Browser which allows the user to create as many needed additional colors. It's possible to replace the tvbrowser.jar of an installation of TV-Browser with the tvbrowser.jar of the Nightly.
Hi,

So, just for clarity - are you suggesting I can copy the nighly tvbrowser.jar over the one i have in my tvb 4.2 version or delete and replace - or doesn't it matter as long as my current version (4.2) uses the nightly version of tvbrowser.jar?

Hope that makes sense!

Cheers,
Keith
keithy397

Beitrag von keithy397 »

Siggi hat geschrieben: 14 Apr 2020, 19:48 short info:

with these nightly tvbrowser crashes at automatic plugin update after first start ater migration from 50 to 51 under windows 10.

Dismiss automatic update and running update manually works fine.
I'll keep that in mind, thank you.

Cheers,
Keith
ds10
Site Admin

Beitrag von ds10 »

keithy397 hat geschrieben: 15 Apr 2020, 11:07are you suggesting I can copy the nighly tvbrowser.jar over the one i have in my tvb 4.2 version
Yes, exactly and there is no risk involved because each version uses it's own settings directory, so if something doesn't work, you just can go back to the previous version.
keithy397

Beitrag von keithy397 »

ds10 hat geschrieben: 15 Apr 2020, 11:36
keithy397 hat geschrieben: 15 Apr 2020, 11:07are you suggesting I can copy the nighly tvbrowser.jar over the one i have in my tvb 4.2 version
Yes, exactly and there is no risk involved because each version uses it's own settings directory, so if something doesn't work, you just can go back to the previous version.
That's great, thank you.

Cheers,
Keith
keithy397

Beitrag von keithy397 »

Hi again,

Previous to me copying the .jar file into my working profile I decided to update TV-Browser from 4.2 to 4.2.1 and since doing so I have lost a lot of channels from my set-up. Before I go any further, is this going to be a Schedules Direct problem?

Cheers,
Keith

Stay In, Stay Safe.
ds10
Site Admin

Beitrag von ds10 »

Well seems to be a problem with the import of the settings. Assuming you are using Windows just type %appdata%\TV-Browser into the Windows Explorer adress bar and you will see the settings directory of TV-Browser. There delete the folder 4.2.1 and then duplicate the folder 4.2 and rename the duplicate to 4.2.1. (Of course TV-Browser cannot be running when you do that.)
keithy397

Beitrag von keithy397 »

Great Stuff.

I did as you suggested and I got all my missing channels back, all updated ok and now working fine - apart from the channel icons which have all disappeared!! However, I'm not too worried about it as everything else is working fine.

Thank you.

Cheers,
Keith

Stay In, Stay Safe.
Antworten