Recording Control (CapturePlugin.jar) not working anymore with default driver

For talk and Help about everything concerning TV-Browser.
Antworten
Stephaen

Recording Control (CapturePlugin.jar) not working anymore with default driver

Beitrag von Stephaen »

Hello there,

I have been using with success the Recording Control plugin for at least 4 or 5 years. Since today, I cannot edit the parameters of the "Device" in the Recording Control plugin. I also cannot "import" a previous device (JAVA error "Problems while reading the File"). And if I delete the existing Device, I cannot create a new one (with "Default Driver"), nothing happens after giving the Device a name, it doesn't appear in the list of devices. And if it appears, clicking the "Configure" button does nothing...

I would be happy for any help.

NOTES: already tried that:
- reinstalling TV-Browser 4.2.2 (without deleting user data of course)
- tested with both 3.1.5.3 and 3.1.4.19 beta versions of the plugin
- tested with both 1.8. 0_281-b09 Java version and the one delivered with TV-Browser 4.2.2

Other strange point: I saw that when upgrading the plugin from 3.1.4.19 beta to 3.1.5.3, it simply disappears from the list of plugins in the "Install/Update Plugins..." section...
ds10
Site Admin
Re: Recording Control (CapturePlugin.jar) not working anymore with default driver

Beitrag von ds10 »

TV-Browser 4.2.2 needs Java 11 therefor testing with Java 8 cannot work.

Here's what to do:
  1. Close TV-Browaer
  2. Open a Windows Explorer
  3. Enter %appdata%\TV-Browser in the adress bar
  4. Select 4.2.2
  5. Delete the directory CaptureDevices
  6. Delete the files java.captureplugin.CapturePlugin.*
After this the plugin is reset completely and you should be able to import a device. Since the error seems to be a problem with the file system you should also start a file system check on the main drive/partition.

As a site note, there is nothing strange, that the plugin is missing in the install dialog when it already is installed in the same version.
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
Unterstütze die Weiterentwicklung von TV-Browser
Antworten