Zap2it Plugin on Macintosh

For talk and Help about everything concerning TV-Browser.
Antworten
wesleykonrad

Zap2it Plugin on Macintosh

Beitrag von wesleykonrad »

Hi,

I am a Canadian trying to use TV-Browser with the Zap2it plugin but I am not having much luck. I am trying to install it on a Macintosh running 10.4.3.

I have the instructions from http://wiki.tvbrowser.org/index.php/Zap2it but I haven't found them to helpful.

-----
English short-info

Download zap2it.jar from here (http://www.tvbrowser.org/plugins.php) and copy it to /tvdataservice.

(I downloaded the plugin but I can't find /tvdataservice. I do have a folder called /users/[myusername]/library/application support/tv-browser/tvdata. When I put the file in there, it doesn't show up. I tried putting it in /users/[myusername]/library/application support/tv-browser/plugins, contrary to the advice below, and it does show up in the preferences screen under tvdataservices. Is this right?)

DO NOT USE THE STANDARD /plugins-FOLDER.

Register an account at labs.zap2it (http://labs.zap2it.com), using the certificate code: TVBR-MLUZ-PWXA. Select any channels you want using "add a lineup".

(Did this)

Start tvbrowser. Enter the zap2it-account information into zap2it settings (Settings => TvDataService => Zap2It-Importer). Update the channellist (using setting => channels => update channel list) and suscribe to all zap2it-channels in tvbrowser.

(When I try to do an "update channellist", I get an error message saying "Update Failed")

zap2it requires users to fill out a survey every 6 months. The plugin will remind you after every update.

Use the following parameters if tvbrowser crashs or throws an OutOfMemory-Exception: java -jar -Xms256M -Xmx256M tvbrowser.jar

-----

Any Advice would be appriciated.

Wesley

p.s. If your English isn't so good, I did take a few years of German in middle school but I am quite rusty.
bodo
Site Admin
Beitrag von bodo »

I haven't tried the Plugin with Version 2.1 of TV-Browser, but I think it's broken at the moment :(. We changed some stuff in the Dataservice-System.

Can anyone confirm this?
wesleykonrad

Ah, So I am not going insane then.

What version does it work with? Where can I find older versions?

thanks

Wesley
bodo
Site Admin
Beitrag von bodo »

I just checked the Plugin. But it's even worse :(. The zap2it-Service has changed something in their Protocoll. We need to update it completely.

We will focus on an international Version that will fix this and add an international WebPage within the next few months. Sorry to say this, but you have to wait until that Version is ready before you can start using TV-Browser.
Martin
Site Admin
Re: Zap2it Plugin on Macintosh

Beitrag von Martin »

wesleykonrad hat geschrieben: (When I try to do an "update channellist", I get an error message saying "Update Failed")
Did you specify a lineup in your settings on the zap2it website?
bodo
Site Admin
Beitrag von bodo »

@Martin: please try the Plugin for yourself...I got a 401 from the Server. It's not a User-Failure
Martin
Site Admin
Beitrag von Martin »

bodo hat geschrieben:@Martin: please try the Plugin for yourself...I got a 401 from the Server. It's not a User-Failure
I've tried it. There were a lot of errors, but finally it worked ;-)
wesleykonrad

Martin hat geschrieben:
wesleykonrad hat geschrieben: (When I try to do an "update channellist", I get an error message saying "Update Failed")
Did you specify a lineup in your settings on the zap2it website?
I did.

Was there something you did different to get it working?
Martin
Site Admin

Beitrag von Martin »

wesleykonrad hat geschrieben:Was there something you did different to get it working?
I don't know - I just entered any zip code.
wesleykonrad

I tried putting in a US postal code and got the same error.

Can you try it with a candian postal code? R2G 1P2

You can look them up here if you want to try others.
http://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pcl/bin/advanced-e.asp
Martin
Site Admin
Beitrag von Martin »

Did you enable the channel group in the channel groups settings?

I tried it with the R2G 1P2 zip code and it worked: http://tvbrowser.org/downloads/temp/zap2it.jpg
wesleykonrad

Martin hat geschrieben:Did you enable the channel group in the channel groups settings?

I tried it with the R2G 1P2 zip code and it worked: http://tvbrowser.org/downloads/temp/zap2it.jpg
Everything in the Channel Group settings is enabled. Although I don't have anything listed in them that says Zap2it. When I try to refresh the list I get the following error

[zap2itimporter.error#java.io.IOException]

----- Start of stacktrace -----
util.exc.TvBrowserException: [zap2itimporter.error#java.io.IOException]
at zap2itimporter.zap2itimporter.checkForAvailableChannels(zap2itimporter.java:69)
at tvbrowser.core.tvdataservice.DeprecatedTvDataServiceProxy.checkForAvailableChannels(DeprecatedTvDataServiceProxy.java:116)
at tvbrowser.core.tvdataservice.ChannelGroupManager.checkForAvailableGroups(ChannelGroupManager.java:219)
at tvbrowser.ui.settings.ChannelGroupSettingsTab$10.run(ChannelGroupSettingsTab.java:234)
at util.ui.progress.ProgressWindow$1.run(ProgressWindow.java:70)
----- End of stacktrace -----
bodo
Site Admin
Beitrag von bodo »

Martin, could you please exactly tell what you have done?

Have you downloaded the Plugin from the Downloads-Page? What have you done with the Error-Messsages. Have you ignored them?

I don't get it running :(
Martin
Site Admin
Beitrag von Martin »

Since I've removed my settings folder from the home directory, it doesnt' work any longer :-(
Antworten