Import XMLTV files in TV-Browser

For talk and Help about everything concerning TV-Browser.
ThomasCandrian

Re: Import XMLTV files in TV-Browser

Beitrag von ThomasCandrian »

Hi Bananeweizen

As I read your statements, I'm forced to write an answer to that. Of course it's not illegal to add a german TV grabber to the XMLTV project. It's only illegal to use them in Germany. As i'm Swiss citizen and living in Switzerland, the german laws have no effect for me, here. In fact, in Switzerland it is (still) legal to download copyrighted work - a MP3 as example or even the TV program, as long it is for private use and the user does not breaks other laws (therefore download of copyrighted software is legal, but the use of it is not).

As you see, adding an grabber for german tv programs would not be illegal, bot only the use of it. Its like a knife: Having one is not illegal, but kill someboy is. Of course german laws have to be respected in Germany, bit not in other countries.

No idea if you will see that, since the thread is very old, but anyway ....

Thomas
ds10
Site Admin
Re: Import XMLTV files in TV-Browser

Beitrag von ds10 »

That's easy for you to say. If I were in Switzerland it would not be a problem for me either, but for us developers our laws are the ones to respect and we could be sued for developing a program that can grab German XMLTV data, it's called "Mitstörerhaftung".

It's always great to see people who have no fear that others break laws for them, it will not be them that will be sued. If you want to break the law it's your thing, but don't think other people take this lightly. :evil:
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
Unterstütze die Weiterentwicklung von TV-Browser
Gesperrt