Everything has disappeared

For talk and Help about everything concerning TV-Browser.
Antworten
djp2k7

Everything has disappeared

Beitrag von djp2k7 »

Hi, I closed down tv browser before i restarted my pc last night & have just gone to use it again & all of my settings, custom channels, custom icons for those channels have disappeared. I was wondering what I can do, is there anyway to restore tv browser back to my settings before they went? I don't want to spend another 30mins getting it sorted out. Thank you for any help I may receive.

djp2k7
ds10
Site Admin
Beitrag von ds10 »

Which OS do you have?
If it is Windows the settings are stored in %userprofile%\TV-Browser, every version of TV-Browser has an own subdirectory with the version number as name. If you've used an earlier version you maybe have files from that, that aren't destroyed (this files of the current version seems to be destroyed, so TV-Browser can't read it). You can copy the settings from an old version to the new version directory to restore some settings.
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
Unterstütze die Weiterentwicklung von TV-Browser
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

Thanks, it worked. A few things were missing, such as my favourite programs list, but that will be easy enough to re-add. If I backup the directory you mentioned, will it have my favourite programs list saved in there or is that saved somewhere else?
ds10
Site Admin
Beitrag von ds10 »

All settings (except the informations about the available channels, that is stored in tvdata) are stored in the directory for each version. But the favorite program list disappears when TV-Browser is started and no channels are found (I mean the list with the found programs, the single favorites itself will be kept). If you used a backup to restore the settings you simply have to do a data update, then the complete data will be searched for your favorite programs, so it will be back after the data update.
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
Unterstütze die Weiterentwicklung von TV-Browser
Antworten