Channels missing in both lists

For talk and Help about everything concerning TV-Browser.
Antworten
Gast

Channels missing in both lists

Beitrag von Gast »

Hi,
Under Settings-> Channel table -> Channels, the available channels are shown left and the channels already active in TV Browser are shown on the right. For some reason many channels are missing in both lists in my setup. I can move channels like BBC Scotland from left to right and back but SAT1 is not visible anywhere.
I had TV Browser 2.1 installed and it was working fine until this behaviour suddenly started. Most of the channels that I can't find are the ones that I had set up with this previous installation. I have installed 2.5 twice. The second time I tried deinstalling first and deleting all references to TV Browser that I could find (both the program files under programs and the settings under Documents and Settings) but it didn't help. It looks like my TV Browser has a data inconsistancy that leads it to think when it generates the available list on the left side that SAT1 is already displayed, and when it is generating the list of displayed channels that SAT1 should not be displayed. And it is finding the inconsistent data from the previous installation somewhere that I haven't found.
OS is Windows 2000. JRE 1.5.0.11 TV Browser is the german version.
Anyone have any ideas? Is there any other place where Data is stored other than the two places I mentioned above. Registry? Cache?
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

Hi,
Had an idea. I created a new user on the computer. Switched into the new account. Ran TV-Browser. It started the setup wizard and all the channels were in the available list. So I could set up TV-Browser with the channels I wanted. So I assume that the problem is in the user data under Windows. Switched back to the user with the Problem and deleted the whole directory tree under TV-Browser i.e. 2.5 and tvdata. Ran tvBrowser again and sure enough it started the wizard and loaded the available list. But the channels were still missing :shock: I don't understand that.
Then I copied the TV-Browser data from the new user to the old user, ran TV-Browser under the old user and all the channels are now there. Even the programs that I downloaded on the new user are there.
So by a roundabout route I have got TV-Browser to work and my problem has gone away. But there seems to be a glich in the program that might be worth looking into.
Antworten