Adding new channels

For talk and Help about everything concerning TV-Browser.
Antworten
ajocius1

Adding new channels

Beitrag von ajocius1 »

Hi, I tried to add few local channels using tools in TVDataStarteKit and following instructions I could find. I just can't make it work....

I have downloaded a program to Excel and spend quite some time writing VBA macro to structure it into TVData.xls the way it should be. I have done run pdsrunner (got data into raw directory), datamanager (got data to prepared directory) and mirrorupdater (got data up on my private web server). I have ftp and web to my private server. I see many files on server once I ftp to it and I get a green/red grid, once I web to it. Since I get green cells there, it proves, that TVBrowser should find programs within those files. The last step is to upload it into TVBrowser.

I went to Settings-> TVDataServices->TV-Browser selected Channel Groups there and click on add button (I believe this is how one can get extra channels).
I am asked to enter Group URL. That's is where I got a little concerned, since I have URL where I uploaded all files, not specific Group... Also there is no file that would have name similar to "group...".

So I get the error message "The mirror web is out of date or down and no other mirrors is available. Please contact tv data provider for help.

and following error details:

"util.exc.TvBrowserException: The mirror web is out of date or down and no other mirror is available. Please contact the tv data provider for help.
at tvbrowserdataservice.ChannelGroup.chooseUpToDateMirror(ChannelGroup.java:537)
at tvbrowserdataservice.ChannelGroup.checkForAvailableChannels(ChannelGroup.java:624)
at tvbrowserdataservice.TvBrowserDataServiceSettingsPanel.getChannelGroupByURL(TvBrowserDataServiceSettingsPanel.java:298)
at tvbrowserdataservice.TvBrowserDataServiceSettingsPanel.access$500(TvBrowserDataServiceSettingsPanel.java:79)
at tvbrowserdataservice.TvBrowserDataServiceSettingsPanel$3.run(TvBrowserDataServiceSettingsPanel.java:316)
at util.ui.progress.ProgressWindow$1.run(ProgressWindow.java:79)
"

Well, there where some artificial tv listings probably also included from standard TVStarterKit, so when I look to web view of my server, for some channels I only have red cells, but I also have channels with green cells…

How can I do the last step in a chain ang get some extra channels imported to TVBrowser. I think this EPG is great, have great lay out is easy to use. But I just need to be able to add few local channels.

Also I am not sure I completely understand intruction on enwiki page called Update Channel List (can’t post the link, since I am new here) :

It says “Do do this go to Settings -> Channels table -> Channel groups and click the "Refresh list" button. Please note that you have to be online to do this.” However if I go to Settings-> Channels table I can not select channel groups. I can only select channels and updating channel list would not add my new channels (that is not a surprise, since program doesn’t know where to take it from).

This Channel Group idea is raising second question to me. I always wanted to be able to have a list of channels to easy change what you see on the screen. If I am to watch some sports, I would like to select group of channels that would show sports and see only those on the screen. If I feel like a film, then I want to select another group, that contains all film channels. Groups of course should be something that user can manage himself. I can’t find this optin in TVBrowser, but reading support pages in wiki, I get the impression that grouping concept is in the program.

Hope somebody could help through this last steps.
ds10
Site Admin
Beitrag von ds10 »

The channel groups are for data provider, so every one who wants to provide channels can do this. It's not for grouping the channels in the program table.

To manually add a group you have to enter the web address of the data plus the name of the channel group.

Example:
The data is stored on the server http://www.exampleserver.org/tvdata and the group is the default group myfirstgroup then you have to add the following group URL to the TvBrowserDataService:
http://www.exampleserver.org/tvdata/myfirstgroup
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
Unterstütze die Weiterentwicklung von TV-Browser
ajocius1

Beitrag von ajocius1 »

Excellent, thanks a lot. It worked and I got channel into the list. There is only one small problem now, it is empty.... :oops: Will keep working
ajocius1

Beitrag von ajocius1 »

Is there any way of seeing only selection of channels I would like to see? I would download info for all channels in my selection, but then I would like to be able to quickly see "Sport Channels" "Movie Channels", "PPV channels", "Documentary Channels". This would greatly improve searching for what I want. I have satellite with 5 LNB's and there is tons of channels to see, but I really want to be able to quickly find one or another sport event to see for example. And browsing throught the list would be a loooon way to go
ds10
Site Admin
Beitrag von ds10 »

ajocius1 hat geschrieben:Is there any way of seeing only selection of channels I would like to see?
Yes, you can use the filter system for that.
http://enwiki.tvbrowser.org/index.php/Filterrules
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
Unterstütze die Weiterentwicklung von TV-Browser
ajocius1

Beitrag von ajocius1 »

exactly how I wanted. This program is brilliant. I am impressed!!!!
Antworten