Limiting channel groups seems necessary

For talk and Help about everything concerning TV-Browser.
Antworten
ajocius1

Limiting channel groups seems necessary

Beitrag von ajocius1 »

I started using version 2.5.1Beta and it seems like there is even more groups available now. Great selection! The only think is that some groups are really regional and does not make sense for everyone to load them. It is also extra load on servers hosting the files. I can't find the way to deactivate groups as in earlier versions. I know, DS10 has mentioned to me, that this option is no longer available. The reason I understood was to make it easier for first time users. But wouldn't that be possible to enable all groups automatically for first time users, but allow to disable some groups for those who know what groups contain what channels? I feel like now we are downloading all channels without taking into consideration where one lives...
ds10
Site Admin
Beitrag von ds10 »

This was a difficult decision, but we finally decided to show all channels to all users. Maybe later we will build in some country selection for first start. The only time the channel information is downloaded completely is the first setup, so it's not a bandwidth problem when the user selected the channels. For easier selection there are the filters in the channel settings.

Many users don't understand the group feature and our usability expert thinks this should only be used internal because it's more a data provider feature than a user feature. And if you think about it, that is correct, the user didn't want to know where the channels come from. The only users interest is to get the channel that are wanted. If the users first have to enable groups to get new channels it's to difficult for most users.
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
Unterstütze die Weiterentwicklung von TV-Browser
Antworten