Plugin for EPG data from local FTP server

For talk and Help about everything concerning TV-Browser.
Antworten
bawbagg

Plugin for EPG data from local FTP server

Beitrag von bawbagg »

Hello,

Apologies if this is in the forum, or wiki, however my German language skills are poor (to say the very least).

I have a local FTP server (ie 192.168.x.x) that has a single file containing EPG data in a flat text format. The EPG data is generated by a PVR device (Topfield).

A separate file exists with a mapping from the channel number to channel name.

Finally, another flat text file exists with details of timers that have been set and will be recorded by the PVR device.

I have already been able to add a custom device to TV-Browser, and am able to set timers using this method.

1. Is it possible to IMPORT the list of timers from the FTP server, and show them as recordings in TV-Browser??
2. How would I write a plugin for TV Browser to use the EPG and Channel name data on the FTP server??

Many thanks,

BB
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

Sorry to reply to my own post...

I have been continuing to look at this. I am very interested to further investigate. The flat file with EPG and channel information is in a very similar format to the Radio Times information.

I have never used java, however I can code, and I would like to try to alter the Radio Times source to be compatible with the flat files that I have.

Additionally, the API to control the PVR is very simple - I think I could add drivers for the Capture Device plugin - however I cannot find any useful examples of how to write such a thing.

I would very much appreciate any guidance,

BB
ds10
Site Admin
Beitrag von ds10 »

As TV-Browser is OpenSource all code is available at SF.net:
http://tvbrowser.svn.sourceforge.net/vi ... owser/src/
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
Unterstütze die Weiterentwicklung von TV-Browser
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

Thank you !!!

So far I have installed the netbeans IDE, and managed Hello World :).

I have installed the tvbrowser.jar and this is just what I need.

I expect to be back :).

Cheers,

BB
bawbagg

DataService is now working

Beitrag von bawbagg »

Hi,

I started with the code for RadioTimesDataService, and I have been able to modify it for my purpose, and TV-Browser is now able to grab EPG data directly from my Topfield PVR via my local FTP server :).

Next question:
Is it possible to import file I have that lists timers that have been set on the PVR?? I'm not sure of the classes I need to provide.

Can someone point me in the right direction??

Many thanks,

BB
ds10
Site Admin
Beitrag von ds10 »

Well that is possible, you need to write a plugin. That plugin than can try to find the program in TV-Browser. To write a non data plugin you have to write a class that extends devplugin.Plugin and that is in a package that has the same name of the plugins class but all in small letters. In a class that extends devpluigin.Plugin you have access to the PluginManager simply by calling getPluginManager(). And in the PluginManager there is a method getProgram(Date date, String programId).

The date is a date of the TV-Browser class devplugin.Date and the programId is the id of a TV-Browser devplugin.Program. The id consists of DATASERVICEID_CHANNELGROUPID_COUNTRYID_CHANNELNAME_HOUR:MINUTE.
The hour is in 24h format. Example: with tvbrowserdataservice.TvBrowserDataService_main_de_zdf_19:0 you get the program running on the german channel ZDF at 7:00 pm.

PS: If you need an example just download the WinTVCap_GUI-Scheduler2-Plugin from the Plugin-Downloadpage and extract the source code from it.
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
Unterstütze die Weiterentwicklung von TV-Browser
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

Hi DS10,

I thought it might be possible with a plugin. I have downloaded source of one of the plugins and will study it.

I will take further comments to the English Plugin Developers Area, as that would appear to be the correct place to post.

Many thanks,

BB
Antworten