TV-Browser 2.7 and the Movie Symbol

For talk and Help about everything concerning TV-Browser.
Antworten
colin1951uk

TV-Browser 2.7 and the Movie Symbol

Beitrag von colin1951uk »

Hi,

I've been using the betas and now RC 1 of version 2.7 for a while now and quite often I notice that the Movie symbol that denotes a programme is a film doesn't appear in the schedules.

Sometimes I know it's a film because it might be a popular title but I have missed out on some others because I havn't recognised the title and had the symbol been there it would have alerted me accordingly.

I'm using the Radio Times plugin...so might this be a feed problem from Radio Times...or maybe a bug in 2.7?

I might go back to 2.6.3 just to see if this problem can be replicated.

Cheers.

Colin
bodo
Site Admin
Beitrag von bodo »

If the channel has a (c) Radiotimes at the bottom of the Column, it's a channel by radiotimes. We show this icon for every item that radiotimes classifies as movie. But the data from radiotimes is not very good, the icon is missing very often. We can't fix this :(
colin1951uk

Ok Bodo..well yes all my channels are coming from Radio Times so if it is them I'll just have to be more alert over movies when I'm planning my viewing.

Radio Times do have a Forum and people quite often get on there complaining about the feed...so maybe I'll join in and see if I can get the feed improved.

I do pay a licence fee to the BBC who own Radio Times so they do owe me a value for money service :)...lets see :wink:

Cheers.

Colin
colin1951uk

Bodo...I don't like to say it but something does seem to be wrong with 2.7 for me.

I just reinstalled 2.6.3 and it works fine.

I have two films showing for today where the symbol isn't there in 2.7...but in 2.6 it's there. I furthur checked right up to the 15th and where there is no symbol in 2.7 for certain films it's all there correctly in 2.6...so something seems wrong with 2.7 at least for me anyway.

I wondered if I might have a corrupt database in 2.7 but I think it's unlikely as I'm sure more errors than just this one would show up don't you think?
So I'm gonna stay with 2.6 untill you have a final release for 2.7 and then I'll try that one again ok.

Colin
bodo
Site Admin
Beitrag von bodo »

Could you give us a concrete example where you have a movie icon in 2.6 and not in 2.7?
colin1951uk

Ok...look today at channel BBC1 South...time: 23:15...Title: Enemy at the Gates.

That has no icon in 2.7...but it's there in 2.6 that I'm using now.

Try that for starters.

Colin
bodo
Site Admin
Beitrag von bodo »

Strange. In my 2.7 installation Enemy at the Gates has a movie-icon. Could you check if you have a (c) Radiotimes at the bottom of the column?

If yes, you could try to delete the Data from that channel. You will find the data in c:\Documents and Settings\[Username]\TV-Browser\tvdata
colin1951uk

Well Bodo I just uninstalled my 2.6 and did a fresh install of the latest 2.7 with just the Radio Times plugin...and I'm back where I was before...no icon for that film.

Are we talking the same thing here..the icon in the listings??

If I open up the programme information for that film then I see the 16:9 and movie icons so it's in there...but not on the programme listings.

In 2.7 did you change anything in the Preferences options that might be causing this problem at my end??

With a fresh install I can't see how I can go wrong...but the film in question and also another one on a different channel (CHANNEL 4) are both missing this icon on my setup...other films are showing the icon ok.

I think for now I will go back to 2.6 because at least that works for me...when I get more time I will troubleshoot 2.7 and see if I can get it going.

Just out of interest is there anyone else who is reading this thread using the Radio Times plugin and getting this problem??...it would be useful to know if it's only me for my troubleshooting purposes.

Thanks Bodo.

Colin
Jo
Site Admin

Beitrag von Jo »

Do you have activated the icons at [wiki]Settings:Program_display[/wiki]?
bodo
Site Admin
Beitrag von bodo »

I don't know if the settings are deleted when you uninstall the application. You could try to delete the directory I mentioned above manually.
Mr Bun

Beitrag von Mr Bun »

colin1951uk hat geschrieben: Just out of interest is there anyone else who is reading this thread using the Radio Times plugin and getting this problem??...it would be useful to know if it's only me for my troubleshooting purposes.
Here "Enemy at the Gates" had the Film icon both in TVB 2.6.3 as well as 2.7 RC1.

If, as you say, the icon is shown in the program details but not the program table, the problem may lie with the layout selected in Settings -> Graphical Settings -> Program table -> Program arrangement. Some of them may simply not have enough space to show all the (or any) icons (Especially "Compact time block").
colin1951uk

Thankyou Mr Bun...you've solved my problem :D

I've been using the 'Compact time block' setting for both 2.6 and 2.7 and for some reason it works in 2.6 but not so in 2.7.

So I've set 2.7 to 'Compact' and the display is now fine.

After two days of 'going round the bend' trying to figure out what was wrong I can now sleep at night and catch up on the football :)

Cheers.

Colin
Antworten