Favorites, "pass program to", can I avoid reruns?

For talk and Help about everything concerning TV-Browser.
Antworten
Gast

Favorites, "pass program to", can I avoid reruns?

Beitrag von Gast »

Hi,
the Favorites feature is great. I use it to record all programs whose information contains certain keywords (I do this by setting up the "pass program to:" feature at the bottom of the edit favorite window).

Now to the problem:
When there are duplicates/re-runs of a show the Favorites feature matches them all (as it should, since they all match the text search criteria). Can I somehow limit the "pass program to" feature to only schedule one of these identical matches (the first one) for recording?
ds10
Site Admin
Beitrag von ds10 »

No, there is no direct way of doing that. But you can use the time restriction for the Favorite, because re-runs are often in the night this will help to avoid duplicates.
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
Unterstütze die Weiterentwicklung von TV-Browser
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

hi,
Thanks for the answer! :) Too bad this is not possible. Many reruns here in Sweden air on regular hours but in a "secondary channel" so excluding based on times won't work. Besides I'd rather keep it as it is and get some duplicates than risk missing something I do want that airs on the "wrong" time. It's no big problem right now but it means some extra work and I must also have a lot of empty disk space. But programs are starting to be aired in HDTV here now. When that becomes more common, I'd need hundreds of gigabytes of extra empty disk space just as a buffer for these autorecorded reruns. So the kind of feature I'm asking about is bound to be more valuable in the future...
bodo
Site Admin
Beitrag von bodo »

You also can exclude certain channels or days, not just hours. If the reruns are on a different channel you can exclude that channel.
Antworten